Architect- Owner’s Rep
Wonderful opportunity to work for a 50+ year old medical device company as their internal Architect for their campus projects.
This firm has been nominated Top Places to Work and offer incredible benefits, work/life balance, and a culture that embraces diversity and growth!
Job Profile: Architect
Experience: 3 years min. as Architect preferrable for commercial projects
Location: Irvine, CA
Salary: $150,000.00- $170,000.00
· Manage all Aspect of Architectural Projects
· Attend and document initial Client Development meetings held. Acquire general information required to establish type, “expectations”, and scope of work/criteria for the intended project.
· Request As-Built documents (site plan, utilities, etc.) or previous documents assembled for the Project from the Client. Obtain proper release if required.
· Provide research, programming and preliminary Schematic Design to set the direction for the Project. Develop an Architectural program defining the scope of the Project and determine major interior functions within the schematic footprint of the physical building in relationship with the available site and its existing characteristics, utilities, etc.
· Establish requirements and schedules of the public agency review process, and procure all documentation available regarding: Applicable Planning, Zoning and Government Agencies.
· Complete the Appropriate “Agency Form” with the Project Manager and determine respective responsibilities.
· Format and proceed with Schematic Design/Design Development presentation drawings as per agreed to Owner requirements for financing, approval and as required for public agency review.
· Submit appropriate applications and architectural presentation drawings to Planning/Zoning Dept. and/or public agencies as required. Inform Owner as to schedule of all review hearings, and attend meetings as representative as required.
· Continue the development and/or refinement of the Schematic Design/Design Development drawings to the agreed upon level required for completion of the preliminary construction budget estimate and schedule.
· Coordinate with the Project Manager to develop a preliminary schedule for initiation and completion of the Architectural/Engineering working drawings.
· Prepare the package of presentation drawings, Project programming, intended scope of work and preliminary schedule of drawings to be issued to prospective consultants for submittal of fee proposals.
· Review proposals and prepare a Standard Architect/Engineer Agreement as per proposal for review and proper execution.
· Prepare and issue a more detailed schedule of working drawings.
· Initiate working drawings according to the phasing of construction as determined by the preliminary and detailed construction schedule. Establish the date of issue for bidding, Building Dept submittal, and actual construction. Assist Project Managers as required in the Plans-check process and with the Project Architect procurement of the building permit.
· Coordinate with Project Manager the required number of signed and stamped drawing sets to be submitted for Building Department review. Assist Project Manager as required in the Plans-check process and with the procurement of the Building Permit
· Define Architectural requirements and schedule of submittals, shop drawings, and samples to be submitted for Architectural approval with the Project Manager.
· Meet with Project Manager and Project Superintendent regularly throughout the development and coordination of specifications and working drawings to keep communications current relative to Project budget, schedule, and contracting. Notify Project Manager of Owner meetings.
· Observe the progress of physical construction regularly and relay problems and/or corrections required to the Project Manager to insure the proper interpretation of architectural plans is channeled to the field and quality control is attained.
· Prepare Architectural Punch list upon substantial completion and/or opening of Project for review and implementation by Project Manager and Construction Superintendent.
· Must be able to communicate effectively and professionally with company employees and clients
· Must be able to maintain the highest level of confidentiality, handling sensitive information concerning both the Company and its clients
· Must be adept at multi-tasking, with exceptional organizational skills
· Must be proficient in MS Office products such as Word, Excel, Project and Outlook, and be proficient in in both AutoCAD & Autodesk Revit
· Capable of creating a team atmosphere leading to successful completion of projects
· Must assist direct reporting staff by offering input and solutions to project issues, ensuring consistency and quality on all projects
· Must have a strong technical Architectural background and knowledge in reviewing of drawings
· Minimum of 5 years of experience in Commercial Architecture
· Must have a design degree in Architecture from an accredited University.
· Must have an active Architectural License issued by a State Board of Architecture