Human Resources Generalist
The HR Generalist will function as a partner and trusted resource for managers and be a catalyst in delivering HR solutions to support the specific needs of the business and overall business objectives. This position performs a wide variety of activities balancing strategic projects and day to day tactical work.
Job Profile: Human Resources Generalist
Experience: Must have a minimum of 5 years of experience in human resources generalist functions: Employee Relations, Recruiting, Worker’s Compensation, Benefits Administration, Onboarding new hires, and Performance Management.
Location: North Kansas City, MO
• Provide support to management in the areas of: performance management, compensation management, succession planning, training and development.
• Manage worker’s compensation claims, maintain tracking report, and respond to clinic and adjuster inquires.
• Assist in creating and implementing HR programs and services that are aligned with corporate culture, as well as corporate HR and business strategies.
• Responsible for creating an applicant tracking process and maintaining applicant tracking system.
• Assist with recruitment as needed.
• Assist in investigating and resolving employee relations issues and assist with disciplinary actions as needed.
• Occasionally assist with pre-screening requirements, background check, reference checks, prepare offer letters, etc.
• Update employee data in HRIS, run HR reports, assist with 401k administration and may assist with monthly benefits invoices.
• Assist with open enrollment process and benefits orientation as needed.
• Responsible for EEO-1 and ACA reporting.
• Assist and respond to managers and supervisors on HR related questions, provide information about regulations, policies, and provide general support.
• May lead or support other project initiatives as assigned.
• Perform other duties assigned
• Work mandatory overtime as needed
• Strong knowledge working with web based HRIS, ADP Workforce Now preferred
• Knowledge and understanding of applicable federal, state, and local employment laws
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Oral and written communication skills
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred
• PHR or SPHR certification preferred
• Must have a minimum of 6 years of experience in human resources generalist functions: Employee Relations, Recruiting, Worker’s Compensation, Benefits Administration, Onboarding new hires, and Performance Management.
• Must be self-directed and motivated to be able to execute with some direction from HR Director
• Must have a high level of integrity and be reliable