We are looking for a detail-oriented Senior Accountant for an incredible company that truly values their employees, work/life balance, and integrity is at the core of their organization. You will always witness smiling faces working here! The Senior Accountant will perform and coordinate accounting duties within our organization. The senior accountant’s responsibilities include preparing financial reports, performing account reconciliations, maintaining the general ledger, preparing tax returns, assisting with audit preparations, and performing other accounting duties as assigned.
Job Profile: Senior Accountant
Experience: 3 years as Staff Accountant or Accountant
Location: Irvine, CA
Salary: $43.00 hour - $48.00 per hour
To be successful as a senior accountant, you should have a solid working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and strong financial analysis skills. An outstanding senior accountant should also possess strong Excel skills, be detail-oriented, highly organized, and able to work with little to no supervision and perform under pressure.
- Coordinating accounting functions and programs.
- Preparing financial analyses and reports.
- Preparing revenue projections and forecasting expenditure.
- Assisting with preparing and monitoring budgets.
- Maintaining and reconciling balance sheet and general ledger accounts.
- Assisting with annual audit preparations.
- Investigating and resolving audit findings, account discrepancies, and issues of non-compliance.
- Preparing federal, state, local, and special tax returns.
- Contributing to the development of new or amended accounting systems, programs, and procedures.
- Performing other accounting duties and supporting junior staff as required or assigned.
- 3+ years’ of professional accounting experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics or equivalent experience
- Proficient to advanced skills on QuickBooks
- Working knowledge of tax laws and GAAP.
- Strong financial analysis skills.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong organizational and stress management skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly with Excel.
- Ability to train and manage staff.
- Ability to work with little to no supervision.
- CPA preferred