Senior Accounting Director
As the Senior Accounting Director (Hybrid), you will play a pivotal role in our medical technology company’s accounting organization. You will provide leadership and management oversight to a team responsible for general ledger, payroll, accounts payable, and accounts receivable functions. Your strong technical accounting expertise and experience in financial reporting will contribute to the accuracy and timeliness of our financial statements. Additionally, you will support our company’s growth by overseeing the implementation of Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance and accelerating our financial close goals. This position offers a hybrid work arrangement after a 90-day on-site orientation period.
Job Profile: Senior Accounting Director
Experience: 10 years minimum, with 5+ years out of manufacturing
Location: Laguna Niguel, CA
Salary: $250,000-280,000 + stock
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- General Ledger and Financial Reporting:
- Oversee the trial balance of U.S. and International subsidiaries.
- Collaborate with Accounting managers to proactively address potential issues.
- Ensure the accuracy of internal and external financial reporting.
- Lead the quarterly external reporting process.
- Maximize the utilization of accounting and financial reporting systems.
- Enhance and develop accounting policies in accordance with applicable standards.
- Capitalized Assets:
- Lead the recognition of capitalized assets, including fixed assets, leases, and intangible assets.
- Ensure compliance with U.S. GAAP.
- Properly account for internal software and classify assets for tax reporting.
- Liability Recognition:
- Ensure accurate recognition and adequacy of liabilities, such as accounts payable, accrued expenses, and debt.
- Oversee accurate and timely annual tax reporting.
- Provide oversight to ensure accurate employee payments and proper tax reporting.
- Review payroll pay register, stock transactions, and commission calculations.
- Accounts Payable:
- Lead the Accounts Payable group to ensure timely disbursements and accurate general ledger recognition.
- Maximize utilization of the AP automation solution.
- Ensure accurate and timely payment to vendors.
- Verify compliance with Federal and state tax reporting (e.g., 1099s).
- Order to Cash:
- Support the order to cash process, including revenue recognition strategies in accordance with ASC 606.
- Collaborate with Customer Experience to ensure accurate billing and sales recognition.
- Coordinate with the Sales Team for timely collection of accounts receivable.
- Internal Controls:
- Maintain a robust internal control environment and recommend enhancements.
- Act as a key process owner for internal controls and business processes.
- Audits and Reviews:
- Support external audits, internal audits, and quarterly reviews.
- Manage the corporate accounting team’s time and facilitate efficient interactions with external auditors.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance (CPA preferred).
- Minimum 15 years of relevant experience in accounting.
- Strong knowledge of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably in the medical technology or related industry.
- Proficiency in MS Excel and ERP systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple complex assignments simultaneously.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and passion for team development and growth.
- Directly manage a team of 4 reports in Accounting
- Proficiency in ERP systems in a manufacturing environment.
- Advanced knowledge